7 SIMPLE STEPS TO GET STARTED & ENSURE SUCCESS
1. Day 0 – Get the Products/Food You Need:
- Get rid of all the temptations in your cabinets and then fill your kitchen with healthy choices. Refer to the suggested shopping lists in the 30 Days to Feeling Fit packet for stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s.
- Order your products. Note that when starting a new program like this, the key is to create a new habit. If something seems hard to do and maintain, then you will most likely quit. Although the entire 30 Day program can be done without them, Arbonne’s vegan and gluten-free products provide the “convenience factor” so you get the proper nutrients easier, further ensuring your success in going the full 30 days. Learn about the suggested products here.
- Let your friends and family know what you are doing so they can support you for the 30 days!
- Connect with me and others just like you via my suggested in channels under the “Support” link above.
2. Day One:
- Weigh yourself and record your waist measurements (once around belly button and another 2″ below belly button).
- Find a non-stretchy outfit (preferably a former favorite that no longer fits) that is too snug for you. Try it on and really feel how it fits you. We will use this as our progress gauge (only occasionally checking in with the scale).
3. Water is your best friend:
Everyday you should drink lots of water. Ideally, you should plan on having the fluid ounce equivalent of half your body weight (e.g. if you weigh 160lbs, plan to drink 80 ounces). Your detox teas, broths, fizzy tab drinks all count towards this requirement so if following the plan, you should have no problem with getting enough water. The water will flush out the toxins that we are clearing out of your system.
TIP: If you get hungry drink between meals, then drink more water (Fizz sticks, Detox tea, broths). Adding a scoop of fiber (like Arbonne’s odorless and tasteless Fiber Boost) will satiate you between meals.
4. Eat every 4 hours:
No snacking except Fizz Sticks, 1 teaspoon of almond butter or small handful of almonds. Don’t worry – the recommended meals are hormonally balanced which means that you will be satiated after each meal.
An exception to this rule is the “After Workout Recovery” shake to nourish your muscles. If having an after workout shake, your next meal is when you feel hungry. Do not go more than 6 hours without having a meal (protein shakes can count as a meal).
If your schedule keeps you from having meals at least every six hours, you can have a Fit Chew to help “fill the gap.”
5. Do not obsess!
- Don’t obsess over weight.
- Only weigh yourself 1 time per week – NOT EVERYDAY! Feel free to try on that snug outfit a few times to see if you feel your clothes fitting differently.
- Don’t obsess over foods you can’t eat. Reviewing the list, you’ll see that it’s actually quite easy to follow. Basic rule to follow: If you can pull it from the ground or spear it, then you can eat it. If it didn’t exist for our ancestors (i.e. cheese, pizza), then don’t have it. You’ll see that we have some yummy suggestions for replacements (note: if you have a strong craving for something, chances are that it is the thing that is making you toxic. Read more in the 30 Days to Feeling Fit packet).
- Have fun with it and Be Creative with your foods and shakes.
- Have only healthy cleansing foods in your home/office so you are not tempted.
6. Do not over eat when eating meals.
- Fill your plate with veggies. Add fist size protein and grains.
- Take your time eating. Have a few bites and put your fork down for a few minutes before taking your next bites.
- “Chew” your food when ever possible. The motion of chewing when having a liquid has been shown to fool your body into thinking it is getting more than it is. This will make you feel more satiated and get your body working harder/faster to process what you are giving it.
7. Track your success.
- Write a food journal daily and keep a personal journal on how you feel each day
- Keep track of your weight loss once a week.
- Connect with others for support! Connect with me, share your progress with a friend, and overall be proud of yourself for making this step to a New You!